On September 30, 2018, Integral inženjering together with its partners successfully finished works on design and construction of Banja Luka – Prnjavor Motorway (subsection Drugovići – Prnjavor) with which the whole construction of Banja Luka – Doboj Motorway was finished.
Banja Luka – Doboj Motorway connects already constructed Gradiška – Banja Luka Motorway (E 661) with future motorway on Corridor 5c. The name of Banja Luka – Doboj Motorway is “The 9th of January“, symbolically expressing its great infrastructure integration potential in the Republika Srpska.
The section of motorway between Prnjavor and Doboj in length of 36.6 km was opened for traffic on September 11, 2016, while the subsection from Mahovljani intersection to the villagae Drugovići in length of 10 km was opened for traffic on October 01, 2017.
“Integral Inženjering“ a.d. (PLC) made all competent, technical and material efforts and successfully completed complex works of design and construction of pavement structure, road structures and technical subsystems. The various modern technological solutions with using of top modern mechanization were used during work execution.
Basic data of project on section Banja Luka – Prnjavor Motorway:
Project name: Design and construction of Banja Luka – Doboj Motorway, Section Banja Luka – Prnjavor (km 0+000 to km 35+300); Contract No. RS/EIB-2012/W
Investor: Public Company “Republic of Srpska Motorways“
Employer: Joint Venture “Krebs + Kiefer Eastern Europe GmbH“ (Germany) and H.P. “Gauf Ingenieure – JBG“ (Germany)
Contractor: Joint Venture “Integral inženjering“ and “Granit“
Work value: 361,6 million BAM or 184,9 milllion €
Content and short description of executed works:
Design and construction of full profile motorway section (l=35.300 m) with all road structures including two motorway interchanges with toll plazas, as well as Traffic Control and Maintenance Centre.
Project includes construction of local and service roads in the total length of l=12,157.52 m, execution of geomechanical works, works on relocation of electrical installations, works on power supply installations of the toll plazas, works on rest and service area and tunnel, works on lighting of interchange, works on placing of traffic signalization and equipment and noise protection.
It was necessary to design a large number of engineering structures such as bridges, structures for slope protection and one artificial tunnel due to the complex hydrological and topographic conditions.
On the section which was constructed by Integral inženjering, the following was designed and constructed total:
- 13 bridges, the longest one being the bridge over the Vrbas River (l=340.00 m);
- 4 viaducts: “Mahovljani“ (l=400.00 m), “Laktaši“ (l=449.00 m), “Crkvište“ (l=52.16 m) and “Potočani“ (l=146.00 m);
- 9 overpasses, the longest one being the “Stegići“ overpass (l=112.00 m);
- 5 underpasses.
“Potočani“ artificial tunnel (l=55.00 m) is constructed as covered gallery (“cut and cover“ gallery) with three lines of support made of drilled anchors.
Integral inženjering designed and constructed the following road structures:
- Traffic Control and Maintenance Centre (P=4,467.61m2)
- “Mahovljani 2“ Paying Toll (P=1,357.73 m2) i
- “Drugovići“ Paying Toll (P=512.81 m2).
Short review of executed works on the alignment:
- excavation of material of different cataegories: 2,747,337.79 m3
- embankment construction: 3,448,729.05 m3
- placing of road base: 246.238,00 m3
- construction of cement stabilization: 372,638.10 m2
- construction of drainage system: 38,202.87 m
- placing of bituminous bearing course (BNS): 400,543.67 m2
- placing of binding bituminous course: 471,433.90 m2
- placing of asphalt concrete: 120,769.72 m2
- placing of SMA: 411,675.97 m2
- placed concrete on alignment (drainage channels, trenches, slope protection, culverts): 18,520.30 m2
- placing of safety barriers: 75,662.00 m
Short review of executed works on structures:
- concrete placing: 94,152.90 m3, from which 19,286.27 m3 was prestressed concrete
- placing of reinforcement: 10,348,417.80 kg
- placing of prestressed ropes: 583,548.97 kg
- placing of piles of diameter Ø1000 mm: 1,189.00 m
- placing of piles of diameter Ø1200 mm: 17,689.81 m
- placing of piles of diameter Ø1500 mm: 2,440.00 m
- placing of asphalt on structures: 39,933.62 m2