The beginning of the works on the section of the highway Rača – Bijeljina (total length of l=21 km) was marked with a special ceremony held on September 15, 2022. The project is specific in that it is co-financed by the Republic of Serbia (80%) and the Republic of Srpska (20%).
The ceremony was attended by numerous dignitaries from the Republic of Serbia and Republika Srpska:
- Aleksandar Vučić, President of the Republic of Serbia;
- Milorad Dodik, Serb member of the BiH Presidency;
- Željka Cvijanović, President of the Republic of Srpska;
- the highest representatives of legislative and executive authorities;
- representatives of public companies in the areas of motorways and roads;
- Slobodan Stanković, general director of Integral Inženjering,
- media representatives and other guests.
In their speeches, dignitaries emphasized the importance of connecting with high-quality roads for mutual benefit. Stable financing will enable the design and construction of this motorway within the stipulated time.
The Rača – Bijeljina motorway section is an integral part of the future motorways Rača – Bijeljina – Brčko – Vukosavlje, and Belgrade – Sarajevo.