Investor: Public company “Hrvatske ceste”, Zagreb
Contractor: „Integral Inženjering“ a.d. (PLC) Laktaši
Engineer: Institute for civil enigineering „IGH“, Zagreb
Value: 92,0 million BAM (47,7 m EUR)
About the project:
The section of the expressway Okučani – border with Bosnia and Herzegovina / 2nd phase is part of the European interconnecting road E-661 connecting Split with Banja Luka, Virovitica and Balaton.
The construction of the section is part of the overall work on the construction of a functional road on the section border – Okučani, which includes, among other things, a full profile of motorway on the Republika Srpska (Bosnia and Herzegovina) side, a four-lane motorway on the Republic of Croatia side, two separate border crossings and access roads. Upon completion of works, this road unit will enable faster traffic of people and goods, smooth and efficient performance of tasks of control bodies, and normal living in Gradiška, which is now very burdened.
The beginning of the 4.07 km long expressway is just before the “Novi Varoš” junction, while at its end, the cross-border bridge over the Sava River continues to it (1st Phase).
There are two stuctures in the body of the expressway: the bridge “Kanal nova Sava” L = 523.40 m and the bridge “Rukavac Strug” L = 169.40 m. In addition, the overpass of the Novi Varoš junction L = 70.70 m crosses the route of the expressway.
Scope of works:
- construction of a section of expressway (two separate two-lane carriageways) in the total length L = 4.07 km;
- construction of the bridge “Kanal nova Sava” L = 523.40 m – two separate bridge structures;
- construction of the bridge “Rukavac Strug” L = 169.40 m – two separate bridge structures;
- construction of the junction “Novi Varoš” – trumpet shape, with overpass L = 70.70 m;
- construction of 3 road passages;
- construction of the border crossing – construction works;
- installation of traffic signals and equipment;
- installation of lighting;
- landscaping and noise protection.