The commencement of works on construction of the bridge over the Trebišnjica River, representing the biggest structure on the future eastern bypass around Trebinje and, at the same time, the biggest bridge in the city, was marked with a special ceremony held on November 12, 2020.
The ceremonial start of works was attended by:
- Luka Petrović, director of the company “Elektroprivreda Republike Srpske”;
- Gordan Mišeljić, director of the company “Hidroelektrane na Trebišnjici;
- Davor Kostrešević, director of the company “Putevi Republike Srpske”;
- Mirko Ćurić, the Mayor of the City of Trebinje with his associates;
- representatives of the company “Integral Inženjering” a.d. (PLC), the Contractor;
- representatives of political and public life.
In their addresses, senior officials pointed out that the construction of the eastern bypass was a long-awaited project, from which the city of Trebinje would benefit in many ways. A new zone for the construction of business facilities is being created, and the relocation of transit traffic from the city center will enable the formation of a pedestrian zone. In addition to already completed projects, this is one of the most significant investments in road infrastructure in the region.
The main span structure of the bridge is a monolithic reinforced concrete pre-stressed structure over 13 spans. The designed length of the bridge is L=484 m, and the width is Bv=11.60 m. The span structure of the bridge is made using the technology of incremental launching.
The company “Integral Inženjering” a.d. (PLC) Laktaši has significant longtime experience in bridge construction, which is a guarantee that this project will be realized equally successfully.
Some of the most significant bridges constructed by the company “Integral Inženjering” a.d. (PLC) Laktaši together with its partners, are the following:
- seven bridges on the motorway in the Grdelica gorge (Vladičin Han, Serbia) with a total length of l = 2,540 m (2018);
- bridge on the motorway over the Vrbas river (Laktaši) with a total length l = 340 m (2017);
- viaduct on the motorway in Laktaši, length l = 449 m (2017);
- viaduct on the motorway in Mahovljani (Laktaši), length l = 400 m (2017);
- bridge on the motorway over the Bosna river (Doboj), length l = 414 m (2016);
- Trnova Luka viaduct (Čemerno, Gacko), length l = 408 m (2013).
In addition to the bridge on the Trebišnjica river, the company “Integral Inženjering” a.d. (PLC) Laktaši constructs three other large bridges:
- bridge over the Sava river near Gradiška (l = 462 m);
- bridge over the Bosna river on the motorway on Corridor 5c near Doboj (l = 228 m) and
- bridge over the Vrbas river in Banja Luka (l = 80 m).
With the total annual income in 2019 in the amount of 222.7 million BAM (113.8 million EUR), the company “Integral Inženjering” a.d. (PLC) Laktaši is the largest construction company in Bosnia and Herzegovina, and the leader in the region. In addition, with the total export revenue of 153.1 million KM (78.28 million Euros) in 2019, the company “Integral Inženjering” a.d. (PLC) Laktaši is the largest exporter in the construction sector and the fourth largest exporter from Bosnia and Herzegovina.